Sunday, August 12, 2012

Need more 4 player split screen co-op!

I've been playing first person shooter games since Wolfenstein.  I didn't play all of them and I get killed a lot online, but I have enjoyed countless FPS games.  I've played every Call of Duty game that ever came out.  I love Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943, and Battlefield 3.  I had a wonderful time playing Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 (GRAW2) especially with the 4 player split-screen.  Even though I've been playing these games for more than 10 years I still feel like a noob when I play online.   I don't spend all hours of the day playing.  I'm more of a casual player who occasionally splurges and plays for 3 hours and then feels exhausted.  Usually one or two hours is enough chaotic shooting to last me for a couple days.

Because I always get my ass kicked online, but I still really enjoy playing, I prefer to play split-screen games.  Two-player split-screen is great fun, but the magic happens when you get 2 or 3 friends over to your house to play in-your-face 4-player split-screen games.  The problem is there aren't many left.

Unfortunately, so many gamers nowadays don't have friends that they actually like to hangout with in the same room.  I'm not sure why I like my friends to be in the same room when I'm playing and somebody might call me gay for this, but it just makes the gaming experience so much better.  I especially like co-op 4 player split-screen games, but they hardly even exist anymore.  GRAW2 was the last one I played and that game came out several years ago.  There aren't any new 4 player co-op split-screen FPSs anymore and it saddens me.  I feel because of this, I can't hang out with my friends anymore.

Together forever and ever.
If I want to play with my friends, I have to get online to play with them, but it's just not the same.  I can't slap their butts after we beat a level TOGETHER!   When I played through all the 4 player co-op levels in GRAW2 with my two best friends, we made a list with all the levels on it and we checked off each level as we beat it with PRIDE.  We were a team that stuck TOGETHER through thick and thin, and through good times and bad times and for better or worse.  We even made it a goal to beat each level without any of us dying and we DID IT TOGETHER!

Then we put the piece of paper in the middle of us and kissed each other with the paper separating our lips so it wouldn't be gay.  I know what you're thinking, "How did only 3 of you play through a 4 player co-op mode without dying?" and the answer is love.  We did it by loving each other more than a man and woman could ever love each other.  Actually, I know you were actually thinking, "How did three of you kiss without your lips touching with only one paper betwixt your lips?"  That is a magic trick that I cannot reveal to you at present.

So do any of you play games with friends in the same room anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment