Monday, September 17, 2012

Playstation Move Shooting Games Wishlist

I've always been a fan of light gun games ever since Nintendo's Duck Hunt.  I bought the gun apparatus for almost every console that I've owned.  I had the Super Scope for Super Nintendo, which was the first bad ass videogame gun, but since it was Nintendo, they didn't come out with the kind of bad ass games that would have been cool to play.  I bought a generic gun for PS1 to play Time Crises and got Namco's Guncon 2 for PS2 and the Guncon 3 for PS3; both were for playing the Time Crises games that came out.  Unfortunately, only a few other games were compatible with Guncon, so the potential of it was never reached. 

Finally, with the Playstation Move, there seems to be a real interest and motivation for companies to develop games with Move functions.   I have really enjoyed the shooting games for the Move, such as Raizing Storm and The Shoot and hope that they come out with many more.  Here is a list of gun games that I think would have new life on the PS3.

1) Virtua Cop - I had a Sega Saturn, but did not play it much, because there weren't too many quality titles for it, but one of my favorite shooting games ever is Virtua Cop.  The gun was the most accurate gun to date and the graphics were pleasing to the eye.  I don't really know why I liked it so much, it was just a feel good game.


2) Silent Scope - This game was awesome in the arcades.  I love sniping in all games and to have an actually sniper rifle to play with was amazing.  It was quite innovative that they had the full view on the screen and the zoomed view inside the scope, which probably made for the most realistic sniping experience in videogames.  I bought Silent Scope 2 and 3 for PS2, but you could only use the controller to play which made the game about 10 percent as fun as the arcade.  I think they could figure how to turn this game into a Move game if they put their minds to it.


3) Time Crises - Though they do have Raising Storm which came with Time Crises 4 and Deadstorm Pirates, but I would like them to re-release the previous Time Crises games to be played on the Move, like they re-released The House of the Dead games.  I don't like zombie games, so I haven't played House of the Dead.


4) Police 911 - This game was a little hard to find even in the arcades.  This was the first time I'd seen a game that utilized a camera that tracked your movements so you could dodge bullets with your own body.  I guess they released the game in Japan for PS2, but I don't think it ever came out in the States.  This game would be perfect for the Move, since that's pretty much what The Shoot is like.  I own The Shoot and enjoyed it, but it was a bit to childish for me and would like to play a more mature game with the same mechanics.


5) Crises Zone - This game was pretty much the same thing as Time Crises, but with an uzi type gun instead of a hand gun.  I only played it once or twice in the arcades, so I can't comment too much about it, but hey, the more the merrier.


1 comment:

  1. One of the best games for youngsters which allow them to enhnace their creativity.
    Shooting Games

    ReplyDelete